Wednesday 16 December 2015

The Results...

Right... we have a plan of sorts...

Tomorrow morning I go back up to St George's hospital, my doctor, Mr Stapleton, thinks the best thing to do is to cut out as much of it as they can and then follow this up with radiotherapy/chemo as necessary. So that is exactly what we are going to do. I'm glad I don't have to wait around, they want me in and out for Christmas and that works well for me, gives me something to focus on.

Surgery frightens me but I have no choice, and I'll be asleep anyway, won't know what's going on.

I'm so lucky to have such a wonderful family, I really couldn't get through this without them, my mum, my sisters, my husband, the support has been incredible and it is because of them that I know I can beat this.

Man I'm scared, really scared but oddly totally chilled too, like my body doesn't quite belong to me. They've upped my steroids in preparation for the operation so I'm guessing that's got something to do with it. Nil by mouth as of 6 o'clock tomorrow morning, which will be painful on the increased steroids but I've just got to get through it, I've got no choice.

Please pray for me and my family, keep us in your thoughts. Your positive words give me strength.

This Too Shall Pass

If I can endure for this minute
Whatever is happening to me,
No matter how heavy my heart is
Or how dark the moment may be-

If I can remain calm and quiet
With all the world crashing about me,
Secure in the knowledge God loves me
When everyone else seems to doubt me-

If I can but keep on believing
What I know in my heart to be true,
That darkness will fade with the morning
And that this will pass away, too-

Then nothing in life can defeat me
For as long as this knowledge remains
I can suffer whatever is happening
For I know God will break all of the chains

That are binding me tight in the darkness
And trying to fill me with fear-
For there is no night without dawning
And I know that my morning is near.

...Helen Steiner Rice

4 comments:

  1. You are on a very challenging road right now, and you are doing an incredible job. You are an inspiration and a true credit not only to yourself and to your loving family but to anyone who reads this and learns about your journey. Love to you always from Natalie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck tomorrow, positive energy and healing thoughts towards you. AnTonia xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've just read this. *THE* day has come and gone - how did it go? Your courage, your tenacity, your transparency, your faith are being woven together into HOPE. Praying with you and praying for you. Hope you'll let us know how you're doing. June Maffin (www.facebook.com/soulistry --- www.soulistry.com)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've just read this. *THE* day has come and gone - how did it go? Your courage, your tenacity, your transparency, your faith are being woven together into HOPE. Praying with you and praying for you. Hope you'll let us know how you're doing. June Maffin (www.facebook.com/soulistry --- www.soulistry.com)

    ReplyDelete