Monday 21 December 2015

I made it home

I actually made it home!
I can't quite believe I'm sitting at home in bed waiting for Filo to bring me pizza!
Surreal or what? An hour ago I was flipping out at hospital as they had messed up my drugs which delayed my release but now I am home and it is all over. Everything is going to be ok now. I'm home with my boys, we are going to have a wonderful Christmas, tomorrow we will make mince pies and I will do normal things with my family and everything will settle back to reality and we can pretend it was all a bad dream.

We still don't really know what we are dealing with here, we still have to wait for test results, we know it is a cancerous tumour, we assume I will require radiotherapy or chemo or both but for now what matters is that I made it home to my boys and we can celebrate Christmas together. Whatever comes next we will deal with because we have no other choice but for now I am home.

No comments:

Post a Comment