Friday 18 December 2015

Over the first hurdle

I did it... made it over the first hurdle. My Doctor said he thinks he got it all which is great and I've just had an MRI scan which will confirm this but regardless, his confidence is brilliant and I feel strong that everything is going to be alright.

The worst thing about being in hospital is the other patients, the idiot crazy man last night roaming the ward looking for spoons, referring to himself as a spoontometrist..  I kid you not. Verbally and physically attacking the staff, I swear if I had an ounce of energy last night I would have punched him in the face, he's lucky I'd just had brain surgery and was wired to my bed because the staff here are angels sent down from heaven and they don't deserve to be treated like that.

he obviously has his own brain injury to deal with but it's a really difficult situation to be faced with.

The pain is indescribable, I can feel where they have cut me in fact I suppose I would describe the pain as being hit with a sledge hammer which is a little ironic!

2 comments:

  1. This is so positive Jeni. I'm so pleased you have got over the first hurdle! :) I hope you have a more restful night tonight and that spoon man doesnt bother you too much or upset those nurses who do such a grand job of looking after and caring for their patients. Lots of love to you lovely xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic news Jeni. The fun of neurological wards. Hang in there, I assure you that you do get to the point where you can laugh about it.

    ReplyDelete