Monday 18 January 2016

Labyrinth

Back on the steroids and I'm feeling so much better, I'm feeling normal. Well I say normal... maybe not normal... So I did get lost in the hospital today and ended up crying to some deaf girls for help... that's probably not normal but I'm feeling better and that's the main thing! So I'll explain... At St Luke's Fountain centre they offer complementary therapies and other services for people living with cancer so I booked in for a massage to help me relax a little, before the massage I ask to use the loo, as you do, but there isn't one in the fountain centre I have to go further into the hospital and the masseuse finds someone who works at the hospital and asks them to show me where the toilet is, so I follow this girl who, incidentally, has piercings in her cheeks and we find a toilet but its occupied so we wait, but then we are waiting a while so she leaves, briefly, asking me if I'm ok getting back by myself and what I should have said was no, take me back, but I didn't I wandered further in to the hospital to find a toilet that wasn't in use. First of all this hospital is like the frikkin labyrinth even without a brain tumour I would probably struggle so I had no hope of finding my way back once I had wandered in too far, then I panicked as I didn't have my phone or anything as I'd left it back in the massage room. I stopped a couple of nurses to ask them the way back to the fountain centre but they didn't seem to understand what I was saying, it took me a while to realise that they were deaf mamma mia! Then I burst into tears because I felt like such a moron and I had wasted half an hour which meant my massage got cut short, not that I was really able to relax after that experience.

Massimo started his first day with the childminder today so I've had that on my mind too. He
Excited for his first day with the childminder Wendy

Bag packed and ready to go


had a wonderful time as I knew he would but it did tug at my heart strings as he left this morning. He came home happy and smiling with a picture he had made for me which made my day so I am pleased. My little boy is growing up. The next time he goes to the childminder he will be with his cousin Alex which will be wonderful as they get on so well Massimo simply adores Alex and he got very excited when I explained that Alex would be there next time!







No comments:

Post a Comment